Must have makeup brushes!

Thursday 25 February 2016


Hello everyone!
So recently I have been looking through my blog posts and noticed that I hadn't done a post about makeup brushes in quite a while which was quite a shock to me considering I own so many, so today i am going to be telling you my thoughts on a set which I absolutely adore!
 

It is called the 'Zoeva Rose Gold luxury set'. I have had the set since Christmas so quite a long time, which means I have definitely tested them long enough to decide my thoughts. They are around £56 depending if you get them off their website or BeautyBay which may seem like a lot but is actually a really good price compared to companies like mac.

I absolutely adore the design, I think it just looks so pretty and the rose gold really goes go with the black. They are also extremely soft and they feel like great quality brushes.

I will be giving you a review for each brush so sorry if the post is too long for some of you but i wanted to give you all the detail!




102 Silk Finish

 Firstly, this brush  is made out of synthetic hair and is a great brush to apply cream products to the face. Lots of people like to use this brush for foundation, however I much prefer to use a beauty blender because my skin can be quite dry and I feel that it isn't as harsh on my skin when blending rather than buffing into the skin with brush.

However, it is quite dense so I like to use it for things like cream highlights or cream blushes because I feel as though they get applied very smoothly. It never leaves my skin looking streaky or patchy and is just a lovely brush.




106 Powder

As by the name it is meant for powder but because i always end up using brushes for different purposed, i like to use this one for bronzer or can be used for loose powder because it isn't as dense.

Like I said this is great for giving you a light dusting of bronzer or powder because it isn't as dense so it won't pick up as much product which can be a good thing or a bad thing. Once again this brush is also made out of synthetic hair.




110 Face Shape

This brush is very similar to the 102 silk finish but its is just a smaller version which i love because it is the perfect shape for contouring and it is great for using powder or cream products.

Most of the time i like to change up the uses for my brushes and use different ones, so recently i have been loving using this for concealer on any trouble-some areas just because it is really soft and dense so it great for blending the concealer out but yet keeping the coverage.



 
127 Luxe Sheer Cheek

Now i have got to say that this has to be my favourite brush out of the whole set, it's so soft and not too dense which i like. I love using this once again for bronzer but most of the time i use it for blush because it is such a nice shape and blends the powder blushes effortlessly onto my face.

I haven't yet tried using this brush for cream products just because it isn't as dense however its is perfect for powders.




142 Concealer Buffer

Once again this brush is similar to the 102 and 110 due to the shape but again it is even smaller. This is great for applying concealer on to those smaller areas like any blemishes or around your nose. However i don't like to use it under my eyes, just because i feel as though it is a bit too dense and your under eyes are quite a delicate area.

It is also great for nose contouring because of how small it is and maybe using it for cream eyeshadow bases as long as you aren't too rough.



 
227 Luxe Soft Definer

I had been wanting to try this brush for quite a while because i head that it is a great dupe for the Mac 217 which is a lot more pricier. This is just great for blending in you crease colour but can also be very persist if you use the very tips of the brush.

I also think this is great for people who have quite a small eye area because it means that you won't have to get eyeshadow all across you eyes.


 
 
231 Luxe Petit Crease

Once again this is great for blending out eyeshadow but especially for your lower lash line and is great for giving you that cut crease effect because of the shape. I low using this more adding more definition the my eyes but without out it looking to mush like a cut crease.


 
 
317 Wing Liner

And finally this brush is the perfect shape for doing you eyeliner with powder or gel, I have tried using this for my brows but I don't like it as mush because I use a Dipbrow pomade so I don't think it is dense enough, however if you fill in your eyebrows with powder then it is perfect!

There we go, that's all the brushes, i do definitely think that these are worth the money and I am definitely going to try some more of them out.

I hope you enjoyed this post also in the comments below let me know if you have tried any Zoeva brushes out!

Links:

Zoeva Brush Set - BeautyBay
Zoeva Brushe Set - Their Website

6 comments :

  1. I love your blog so much and your photography is flawless! Also, I nominated you for The Infinity Dreams Award and/or The Creative Blogger Award.

    Ellie x
    elliemayclarke.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much it really does mean a lot to get such nice comments like these! I will also go check out your post now.

      Rose x

      Delete
  2. Every time I look at these, my eyes literally FALL OUT OF MY HEAD! I don't think anything gets more gorgeous than this! And your photography really plays a key part in its aesthetitiy! Lovely blog!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that I literally me before i got them! And I really appreciate it thanks!
      Rose xx

      Delete

  3. Check out my recent?
    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete