Revlon Colourstay - First Impressions

Thursday 18 February 2016

 
The other week i ran out of my L'Oréal infallible matte foundation which I really do love but instead of buying it again I thought I would try something new out.

So I decided to buy the 'Revlon Colourstay foundation for combination/oily skin', i got mine in the shade 'Buff' because it had more of a yellow undertone and because it was it tiny bit too dark, i added a few drops of the body shop foundation lightener.

It was originally £12.99 but there was a deal on in Superdrug so I got it half price which meant I only had to pay £6.49!



 
To start off with, I think that the packaging looks very professional because it is in a glass bottle and a black top, however the only bad thing about it, is that it doesn't have a pump which means i will probably end up pouring more out than i actually need.
 
 
Without powdering or doing my concealer, it gave me a medium coverage and is easily buildable it also left my skin looking quite glowy.
 
It blended out quite easily and it had quite a thick consistency. I applied the foundation which a damp beauty blender but you could also use a brush.


 
Once i had done my concealer, I did powder my face because I do tend to get quite oily in my T-zone however my skin still had a slight glow at the same time.

 
 
I also felt that, when I applied my bronzer, highlight, contour etc. it went on very smoothly and looked very nice.
 
 
Throughout the day it stayed on very well however towards the end of the day I did still get slightly oily on more forehead and nose but you could easily touch up. I had it on for 8 hours and it lasted amazingly apart from like i said getting a bit oily but apart from that everything looked great!
 
I would definitely recommend this foundation, they also do another formula for people who have normal/dry skin type! 
 

Links
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this first impressions type post, i you would like me to try anything else out leave some suggestions in the comments below.
 
I also now have a BlogLovin account so makeup sure to go follow that as well as my other social medias!
 
 

5 comments :

  1. I really liked this post, especially as this is my holy grail foundation. I remember using it for the first time and loving it & I often find myself repurchasing it! I really loved your photography - what camera do you use?
    Ellie x
    elliemayclarke.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it really is just beautiful on the skin, and thanks i use my Canon 100d camera!
      Rose x

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to try this out, it looks lovely on you!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! And you should its really good!
      Rose x

      Delete
  3. i just get this a couple days ago!! and tried it a few times and it is so good haha

    jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete