How I Take/Edit My Instagram Photos

Thursday 23 April 2015

So today I felt like writing a blog about photography but I wasn't quite sure, so I asked on instagram if I should do a post on how I edit my instagram photos and I got some good responses.
So here it is!


If you don't know anything about my instagram account I mainly post pictures of beauty products only with quotes and some photography. I'm still in shock that I have reach 1.5k and I am so grateful to everyone who has followed and left comments.

Anyway first of all I take my pictures in the day using natural lighting but I don't leave it too late so I get a good amount of lighting. I take my photos on my white Ikea desk and I change the background from time to time. I now have a tall, white mug with fake, white/cream flowers and some stones in front of it.

If I am taking pictures of beauty products I usually uses my pillow from Primark which is white and has daisies on it for the background.

I use the effect 'Chrome' and I take my photos on my IPhone 5s. Once I have taken I few photos I decide which one I think is the best and then I start to edit it.

To edit my pictures I just use the editing setting already on the my iphone. which appears at the top right of your screen when you are on the photo. But there are also many apps out there that you can download like 'Whitagram' to edit your photos.

Once I have clicked on it there are three choices at the bottom and I pick the right one. I them click on 'Light' and then drag it up or down to how light I want it.

If I think the picture needs even more editing I click off of 'Light' but this time click on the arrow just along from the word 'Light' and there are more ways to adjust it to the way you want. I go through each one and see what it adds to the picture and sometimes I will change parts like 'Highlight' or 'Shadows' but most of the time I just leave it.

And that's it! Next week I will also be posting photography tips incase any of you needed some help. I hope you enjoyed this blog don't forget to share and tell some more people about my blog!

Instagram: _SimplyBlog_

Thanks everyone
 
Rose Mae
 

No comments :

Post a Comment